Thursday, October 1, 2015

¡Hola!

Guess what?! I'm finally back from my hiatus. Over the past month I've had quite the life, ha-ha.. Busy, is a good way to describe it. There has been a lot of negative and positive things going on in my life that I decided I needed to break away for a bit. 

     I have realized sometimes you have to be a little selfish to be happy. Do what you have to do to have a smile on your face at the end of the day. This break from blogging gave me time to focus on myself and a lot of other things going on in my life. With that being said, I cannot wait to start doing this regularly again it, I've missed it a lot. 
     I have wanted to share with you all how I stay motivated and clear minded for awhile now, but I wasn't sure when a good time would be. Right now seems like the perfect time to. I do this weird ritual when I need a little pick me up and it really works for me. I start off by listening to a motivational speech (check out "Unbroken," on youtube). Then, I listen to music. Listen to the speech again. And repeat until I think I'm ready. I especially do this before I perform or compete, so instead of listening to random music, I listen to what I'm performing to. I've also responded really well to meditation. One thing I respond to most obviously is getting away. When I'm feeling a little down, I like to escape from everything. I like to get away from all social media.. mostly twitter. These websites can be pretty toxic, give yourself a break from it all every once in awhile. The main idea in pretty much everything I do to stay clear minded, is to stay focused. Focus on yourself and what makes you happy.. you truly will start to see a difference in yourself. 
   This past weekend I headed down to Puerto Peñasco, Mexico. Here are some beautiful and relaxing pictures of the beach and ocean..


Cute little shack shop on the beach

xx.

Emily Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment