Saturday, August 8, 2015

Hip Hop Internationals 2015

Wowza! It has been quite the week for me! Sorry about this being a day late, but I have good reasoning.

For the past week I've experienced so many unforgettable things. First, I should probably tell you all that I am on a dance crew here in Arizona! We are called Elektro Academy. Some of you may know about us, some of you may not. For the past few months we have been putting in many hours to be ready for what we see as the Olympics of what we do. The first half of the week out in San Diego we were competing against crews all across America to represent our country at Worlds. After making it through preliminaries and semi-finals, we made it to finals. Much to out amazement, we got 3rd place in the country. This meant we got to go to worlds. Going up on stage to get our medals is a moment I will never forget.. I also don't think I've ever cried so hard in my life. There are people that have been going to HHI for 5+ years and have never placed. This was a huge deal for us. I'm actually sitting here with the biggest smile on my face just writing about it. 

Sadly, at Worlds we didn't get past prelims. This only had me bummed for about an hour because eventually I realized that this is my first time at HHI and I got to Worlds... Worlds is an experience that stays with you for forever. The amount of people from all over the world that I got to meet made me feel extremely humbled and blessed. The language barrier between many of us was never an issue. We all spoke one language we all could understand and that is dance..


xx.

Emily Kate

I was a little too happy to see Ian Eastwood

My friend Alyssa and I reppin' the USA

Elektro Academy

Chapkis Dance Family (2nd Place), The Drop (1st Place), Elektro Academy (3rd Place)

No comments:

Post a Comment